Saturday, September 17, 2011

This is for you Herm!

Welp, after several days of trying to figure out how to access this blog, since as you can tell, we used it once upon a time and forgot about it, I finally figured it out. Herm, this blog's for you. Today there was a library book sale.... just one of those events that I love. Cheap books. Yep, I am slowly accumulating books upon books upon books. I know that someone will have to move them each time we pack up our house {Richard}, but I love books.

There were thousands of books, thankfully the tables were kind of labled, so I could skip paperback romances, spirituality, and leisure (what is a leisure book?), and I went straight for the kid section... my fave. An old lady was picking up tons of books for her grandkid and picked up a book that I would have loved... I was very tempted to ask her to trade for some other book, but I moved on hoping that she'd come up later and ask if I wanted it. No such luck. I did find some great ones though, so it was a success.

I did get to see 17 Miracles. I must admit that it makes me ashamed of my tendency to complain about silly things. I also wanted to come home and hug my non-frozen children and not-starving husband. I am thankful for those pioneers and I am also thankful for cheesecake, air conditioning/heat, and my running shoes.

No comments: